Sunday, December 27, 2009

Ophelia's on the Bay Sunday Brunch

What a wonderful experience today to dine at Ophelia's on the Bay on Siesta Key.  We were first greeted with a hearty welcome by the valet and then by the congenial hostess.  We sat at one of the many windows overlooking the garden and the bay.  Our waiter was Csaba Kepeca, a familiar and friendly face.  Csaba works at the wonderful weddings held at Ophelia's and always makes sure everything is perfect.  I have performed many ceremonies in the garden under the cupola, just like this one...


My first recommendation:  Run - don't walk - to Ophelia's Sunday Brunch.  All dishes were the highest quality and prepared with care.  From the apple-filled crepes to the seafood lasagne to the crab legs and chowder (and more!), we enjoyed every morsel.  We each enjoyed a complimentary Mimosa or Bloody Mary.  And the pastry table was over the top!  Homemade tiramisu was my favorite.  No matter what you find on any given Sunday, it will please you.

My second recommendation:  Consider having your wedding reception, rehearsal dinner, birthday party, baptism or baby blessing, anniversary celebration or any other special occasion at Ophelia's.  Jane and Stanley Ferro are the proprietors, and they will make sure that your visit is delicious and fun.



My third recommendation:  Check out Ophelia's Catering.  It seems to be a well-kept secret, and now it's time to get the word out. The menu is extensive, and they can customize it to fit any occasion and budget.

If I can help you find a venue - or any other wedding professional - that will suit your tastes and budget, let me know.  In my fifteen years of living in Sarsota and twelve years of performing wedding ceremonies, I have seen the good, the bad and ugly.  My experience can help you avoid costly and disappointing mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment